Create real business agility with agile interactions
There is a lot of talk in the company – and yet coordination is getting out of hand. Commitments are not kept. A lot is started, but little is finished. The work is stuck somewhere and it is impossible for customers to plan. Measurements? And the more capacities you build up, the slower everything becomes.
The problem is: If value streams are not visualized from end to end, bottlenecks and blockages remain undetected. As soon as you make dependencies visible, you can manage them and thus create better predictability.
- You want to know what boards look like on the different flight levels (with a strong focus on levels 2 and 3), how you build them and how you connect them.
- You want to lay the groundwork to be able to reliably say when work will be done and make binding commitments.
- You want to recognize where there are problems in the value stream and with which tools you can solve them effectively.
- You want to see what dependencies there are between teams and departments and optimize the workflow.
- You want to ensure that the strategy is understood and implemented at the operational level and that success is measured.
- We will show you how to identify the strongest levers for change at each flight level and make them visible on boards.
- We give you the tools you need to create the necessary interaction between people and teams.
- We establish measurements with you as feedback loops with which you can track and evaluate the achievement of your goals.
- As developers of the flight-level model, we have many years of experience in enabling customers to make real agile changes with this model.
The contents in short form
- Basics: The “Flight Levels” Thinking Model
- Method-independent agile scaling
- Building systems at flight level 2 – end-to-end coordination
- Building Flight Level 3 systems – Strategy
- Integration of flight level systems and existing systems for agile team work (flight level 1)
- Pull systems vs. push systems
- Establish and manage agile interactions
- Setting the right focus
- progress measurements
The thinking model of the Flight Levels unfolds its power through visualization. At each flight level different tasks have to be fulfilled, therefore different aspects are in the foreground when designing the boards. Above all, there are no copy templates for these boards, as no two companies are the same. And: These boards are constantly evolving.
In this training you collect ideas for first boards, design them or develop existing systems further. It is important to us that you understand the way of thinking and that you can judge for yourself where and how the flight levels fit into your context.
There may be several agile working methods in use in your organization and there are already some boards, but coordination is not working well yet – in FLID you can experiment with improvements and get professional advice. This will teach you how to integrate these systems and how to improve their interaction. You will probably go home with an extensive improvement backlog for positive changes in your system.
- Want to make better predictions and give your stakeholders commitments they can trust?
- Would you like to be able to determine whether a change is moving your system in a better direction?
- Would you like to see which operational activities contribute to which strategic goals?
The training gives you basic answers to these questions and prepares you to implement them in your company.
By the way: It’s best to bring your colleagues along if there are already concrete flight-level plans in your organization! This creates a small change team that can already work on its own context during the training and go home with a good foundation.
System thinking instead of local optimization
We don’t need high performance teams, but systems that make better performance possible.
Sense instead of dogma
Find the best solution for your organization – not the best framework blueprint.
Outcome instead of output
More of anything doesn’t work anymore. It is important to deliver what achieves the best results for customers and companies.
Agile interactions instead of agile islands
The right thing happens when the right team is working on the right thing at the right time.
FLSA or FLID – what is right for me?
- FLSA: The focus is on the analysis of the value stream. On which level are which tasks of priority and how does a work go through this system?
This training is right for you if you want to understand the flight levels first, if your organization is at the beginning of an agile transformation or if an agile transformation is in an oblique position.
- FLID: The focus is on the special features of the boards for the individual flight levels and how they are built. How are the prerequisites for a stable workflow, agile interactions and predictability created?
This training is right for you, if your organization wants to become agile and you already know that you want to work with boards, if you have already started an attempt and/or want to improve the systems.
Location: Bangkok, TH
Trainer: Klaus Leopold
Take 3 pay 2! THB 30.000,- excl. VAT. Participant price for 3 bookings*
THB 45.000,- excl. VAT 1 participant*
* We recommend the participation of several people from your organization in the training in order to enable joint reflection on the internal use of flight levels and to facilitate the transfer of the training content experienced. This increases the efficiency and sustainability of the training and thus the value of your investment.